International Conference on Object Databases
1-3 July 2009
July 9, 2009: Photographs taken during the conference are now available on the Photos page.
About ICOODB 2009
ICOODB 2009 is the second in a series of international conferences aimed at promoting the exchange of information and ideas between members of the object database community. A key feature of the conference is its goal to bring together developers, users and researchers. At the same time, the conference aims to meet the needs of the different sub-communities. The conference therefore consists of three different tracks offered as a tutorial day, an industry day and a research day.
Here are some highlights
- One Day Tutorial Introduction to Object Databases by Rick Cattell together with leading technical experts from vendors: Robert Greene (Versant), Leon Guzenda (Objectivity), Adrian Marriott (Progress/ObjectStore) and Patrick Roemer (Versant/db4o).
- 3 Half-Day Tutorials on Couch DB (Jan Lehnardt), Converting EERM into ODMG's ODL Constructs (Joseph Vella), and Using C# for .Net with an ODBMS (Nic Caine and Leon Guzenda).
- Keynote: "How Far OODBMS's Have Come and a Look into their Future" by Jochen Witte and Robert Greene, Versant
- Industry Day with 14 presentations and a Panel "A New Renaissance for ODBMSs"
- Research Day including 3 invited presentations
- Demo Session featuring 9 presentations